EXPLORE MULTI-MATERIAL PRINTING: SOLUBLE, DURABLE, FLEXIBLE, COLORFULTurbocharge your printer with Palette 2. Palette 2 combines four filaments and feeds them into your printer in real time, no modifications required.
- Print impossible overhangs with water-soluble support.
- Make heat- and water-resistant models in four colors of durable PETG.
- Create functional, end-use products by combining PLA with a flexible TPU.
- Improved hardware design helps to create consistent and reliable bonds between filament.
- Color touchscreen includes built-in Gradient and Pattern modes.
REDISCOVER YOUR PRINTERPalette 2 works with most filament-based printers. Join the global community of Palette owners in 40+ countries.
How does it work?Palette 2 takes up to four filaments and combines them into a single filament strand. This strand is then fed to your printer, enabling your single-extruder printer to create multi-filament prints!
- Drive: Palette 2’s all-metal drive systems, inspired by those on industrial FDM machines, accurately control filament to ensure the right lengths are driven from each input.
- Cut: A rotary cutter system slices filament to ensure a clean, low-resistance cut, time after time.
- Connect: Palette 2’s updated Splice Core connects filaments together end-to-end before passing them through a machined PTFE (Teflon) channel and splicing them together.
- Cool: The newly spliced filament is passed to our buffer are to cool and ensure that it keeps tight dimensions before being passed to your printer.
FAQQ: Does Palette 2 work with 2.85mm or 3mm filament? A: Sorry, no! Palette 2 only works with 1.75mm filament. Q: What materials does Palette 2 work with? A: Palette 2 supports several combinations of materials. Q: How do Palette 2 and the printer know which color is which? A: Each color/material is a separate model. If you’re printing in 4 colors/materials, you will need 4 different model files. The model is sliced as a multi-body G-code file. The G-code file is processed in Mosaic Chroma (free, easy-to-use software) or CANVAS (slicer/customizer/modifier) to create a new files for the printer Palette 2 with instructions on when to switch between filaments. Q: Any software requirements? A: Mosaic CANVAS software or Chroma software (free software that accepts G-code and tells Palette 2 how much of each filament is required) works on Windows (7, 8, 10 or higher, 32-bit and 64-bit), macOS (Mountain Lion/10.8 or newer), and Linux (x64, tested on Ubuntu 16.04).
Unit Weight 0.1 kg (0.2 lbs.) Unit Dimensions 8.1 x 8.1 x 3.0 cm (3.1" x 3.1" x 1.1") Shipping Weight 1 kg (2.2 lbs.) Shipping Box 27 x 21 x 6 cm (11" x 8" x 2.5") Control Interface CANVAS via Web Browser Compatible Operating Systems Windows, Mac, Linux (Tested on Ubuntu 16.04) Data Interface USB for Printer and Palette 2, Wifi for Canvas, IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz, Channels 1-11 Memory 8GB Internal Storage Ambient Operating Temperature 15 - 30°C (60-86°F) Control Board Raspberry Pi Zero W External Camera Compatibility Not Supported Power Requirements 5V DC, 2A Max Power Adapter Input Requirements 100 - 240V (50/60Hz) 0.4A Power Adapter Compatibility USA, UK, AU, EU